Recipe of the Month: Seattle Southside Chowder Recipe
Warm up with our homemade clam chowder recipe! Clam chowder is serious business around here
If you're wondering where can you find some of the best Northwest chowder, then this list is for you.
4 Places for the Best Clam Chowder in Seattle Southside
It was too difficult to pick a favorite recipe (but maybe you can!), so we are presenting our own, Seattle Southside Chowder for this month's recipe of the month.
TOTAL PREP TIME: 30 minutes
CLAM CHOWDER INGREDIENTS
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 " pieces
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasonings
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp dill
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 8-oz. bottle clam juice
- 1 c. half-and-half
- 1 c. vegetable broth
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 13 oz. chopped clams
- 3 tbsp. finely chopped chives
DIRECTIONS FOR MAKING CLAM CHOWDER
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Dry bacon on paper towels but leave bacon fat in pot.
- Add butter to melt, then add onion and celery. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, dill, Italian seasonings, thyme, and flour and cook until the flour turns gold.
- Add clam juice, vegetable broth, and half-and-half, and whisk until combined. Stir in the potatoes and bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Add clams and cook until heated through. Season chowder with salt and pepper to taste. If chowder is too thick, add slightly more half-and-half until desired consistency is reached.
- Sprinkle with bacon and chives and serve.
*Salty's at Redondo is temporarily closed.
You may also be interested in...
Bahama Breeze’s Calypso Shrimp Pasta Recipe
Instead of getting all dressed up to drive over and find somewhere to grab dinner, stay in your comfy sweatpants…
Bahama Breeze’s Piña Colada Bread Pudding Recipe
To add some Caribbean flair to you holiday dessert this year try this recipe for Bahama Breeze's Piña Colada Bread…
Anthony’s Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Check out this recipe for Anthony's Blueberry Coffee Cake.