RBG's Blackened Chicken Caesar Recipe
Since it’s summer and blackening is best done outside, this recipe of the month from RBG Bar & Grill in SeaTac is perfect for an outdoor salad night! You can do this inside but, it can be like getting pepper sprayed...Unless you have a good ventilation system.
- 1 tsp. Thyme
- 1.5 tsp .Cayenne
- 5 tbsp. Paprika
- 1.5 tsp. Oregano
- 1 tbsp. Black pepper
- 1 tsp. Dried mustard
- 1 tsp. White pepper
- 1 tbsp. Chili powder
- 2 tsp. Garlic powder
What You'll Need
- Cast iron skillet
- A portable sauté burner or your trust worthy Coleman range
- Chicken breast cut in ½ like a filet. This reduces cooking time
- A good Caesar dressing
- Romaine hearts
- • Bell peppers julienne (optional)
- Red onion julienne (optional)
- Heat your cast iron skillet with no oil.
- Mix all the spices above. Dredge your chicken breast in oil. Let the excess oil run off then roll it in the blackening mix.
- Some people use oil when they blacken things and others don’t its optional. Without oil it’s usually a dry crust and with oil it’s a little crispier and flavorful.
- Place the chicken in the skillet. Cook evenly on both sides until 165 degrees. Slice it and place on our Caesar salad. Then add those bell peppers and onion to the pan and blister them a little (oil helps here) add to the top with Parmesan. There you go a traditional Caesar with a Southwest kick. It’s also great with crab.
You may also be interested in...
Top 6 Vegetarian Restaurant Options in Seattle Southside
Vegetarians and Vegans, we know you sometimes run into trouble when it comes to finding the best vegetarian-friendly restaurants near…
RBG’s Chicken Marsala Recipe
Chicken Marsala from RBG Bar & Grill