Eggnog Bread Pudding Ingredients
1 loaf brioche bread, cut into 1-inch squares (about 6-7 cups)
1 quart eggnog
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Eggnog Bread Pudding Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Soak the bread in eggnog in a large mixing bowl. Press with hands until well mixed and all the milk is absorbed. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, sugar, vanilla and spices together. Gently stir into the bread mixture. Gently stir the hazelnuts into the mixture.
- Pour butter into the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking pan. Coat the bottom and the sides of the pan well with the butter. Pour in the bread mix and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, until set. The pudding is done when the edges start getting a bit brown and pull away from the edge of the pan. (You can also use individual ramekins.)
Chili and Sea Salt Caramel Sauce Ingredients
2 cups granulated sugar
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature, cut into pieces
1 cup heavy cream, at room temperature
1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
1 tablespoon fleur de sel (or any other flaky sea salt)
Chili and Sea Salt Caramel Sauce Directions
- Add sugar to a heavy bottom pot. Whisk sugar and cook at medium heat until the sugar melts and reaches 350 degrees.
- Add butter and cook until completely melted.
- Add the chili powder and cream and whisk until the sauce is completely cooked through.
- Pull caramel off burner and add sea salt. Cool to room temperature and then store in fridge until using. Warm before serving.
- Pour caramel sauce over cooked bread pudding.
Cognac-Flamed Winter Fruit Ingredients
1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/4 cup dried figs, chopped
1 tablespoon sugar (add more if fruit is not coated in sugar)
1/4 lemon, juiced
pinch of salt
3 shots cognac
Cognac-Flamed Winter Fruit Directions
- Place fruit and sugar in heavy bottom saucepan and heat to medium. Once sugar has melted, then add the lemon juice and salt.
- Add cognac and flame up with matches.
- Sprinkle over bread pudding after caramel sauce.