To add some Caribbean flair to you holiday dessert this year try this recipe for Bahama Breeze's Piña Colada Bread Pudding. Top with a Coconut Créme Anglaise and you've got yourself a real tasty treat. Time to start a new family tradition! Check out all our recipes of the month here.
Piña Colada Bread Pudding
- Butter ¼ cup
- Cuban Bread Cubes 3 Quarts
- Eggs 2 ½ cups
- Sugar 1 ¼ cups
- Milk 5 cups
- Vanilla Extract 1 Tbsp
- Coconut Rum ½ cup
- Shredded Coconut ½ cup
- Canned Pineapple, diced ½ cup
- Toss 3 Tbsp of melted butter with the Cuban Bread Cubes
- Place on a sheet pan and place in an oven at 350ºF and toast until golden.
- Brush a medium sized casserole dish with one Tbsp of melted butter and add the toasted bread cubes.
- Mix all the remaining ingredients together and pour over the bread cubes.
- Press down on the bread cubes until they absorb most of the liquid.
- Bake in a 300ºF oven for 1 hour or until firm in the center.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Coconut Créme Anglaise
- Heavy Whipping Cream 1 ½ cups
- Egg yolks 2 each
- Sugar Powdered 10X ½ cup
- Coconut Rum ¼ cup
- Add the cream, egg yolks, and sugar in a small sauce pan on medium heat.
- Stir constantly using a cooks spoon until the sauce starts to thicken; about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add the rum and stir to evenly mix. Place in a clean container and place in an ice water bath.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill to 40ºF.
- Serve with Piña Colada Bread Pudding
Q: Is Bahama Breeze expensive?
A: Bahama Breeze is moderately priced with most entrees in the $12 - $17 range.
Q: What type of food is Bahama Breeze?
A: Bahama Breeze specializes in Caribbean-inspired seafood, chicken, steaks, sandwiches, and tropical drinks.
Q: What is Bahama Breeze known for?
A: Bahama Breeze is known for fresh, delicious seafood, distinctive chicken dishes and flame-grilled steaks, all with a Caribbean flavor.
Q: Does Bahama Breeze offer takeout?
A: Yes. You can call (206) 241-4448 for delivery or take out.