To add some Caribbean flair to you holiday dessert this year try out Bahama Breeze's Piña Colada Bread Pudding. Top with a Coconut Créme Anglaise and you've got yourself a real tasty treat. Time to start a new family tradition!
Piña Colada Bread Pudding
Cuban Bread Cubes 3 Quarts
Eggs 2 ½ cups
Sugar 1 ¼ cups
Milk 5 cups
Vanilla Extract 1 Tbsp
Coconut Rum ½ cup
Shredded Coconut ½ cup
Canned Pineapple, diced ½ cup
Egg yolks 2 each
Sugar Powdered 10X ½ cup
Coconut Rum ¼ cup
- Add the cream, egg yolks, and sugar in a small sauce pan on medium heat.
- Stir constantly using a cooks spoon until the sauce starts to thicken; about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Add the rum and stir to evenly mix. Place in a clean container and place in an ice water bath.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill to 40ºF.
- Serve with Piña Colada Bread Pudding