The DoubleTree international hotel chain has recently released another delicious signature recipe to the public, and we are making it our recipe of the month! This recipe for chocolate chip pancakes was a closely kept secret for too long. Find out for yourself why so many people say these are their favorite pancakes.
- 1 cup All-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 Tbs Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 Tbs Unsalted Butter (melted or vegetable oil)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1Tbs Vegetable Oil
- 4 each DoubleTree Cookie Dough (frozen, chopped small)
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, butter (or oil), and egg. Add dry ingredients to milk mixture; whisk until just moistened (do not over mix; a few small lumps are fine).
- Heat a large skillet (nonstick or cast-iron) or griddle over medium heat. Oil pan or griddle evenly. For each pancake, spoon 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto the skillet, using the back of the spoon to spread batter into a round. Top each pancake with chopped cookie dough. Cook pancakes 1-2 minutes on each side and serve with favorite toppings.
Yield: 4 Servings