5 Great Reasons to Meet in Seattle Southside
1. Convenient location
Convenient for both drivers and flyers, Seattle Southside is centrally located near Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, just 15 minutes south of Seattle and 20 minutes north of Tacoma. For those flying in, Sea-Tac International Airport offers 99 nonstop flights domestically and from all over the world.
We’ve got hotels to suit every budget. And across the board, our hotel rates are typically 20–30% less than the rates in downtown Seattle.
3. Ease of transportation
With three Link light rail stations nearby, it’ll be easy for attendees to visit Seattle sites. Nearly all hotels provide free airport shuttle service, and Seattle Southside sponsors a complimentary shuttle from major hotels to Westfield Southcenter, the largest shopping center in the Pacific Northwest.
4. Many venue options
Seattle Southside is home to the second largest collection of hotels in Washington State and many unique venue options, including the Museum of Flight, a historic lodge on the waterfront, at Des Moines Beach Park and a private bowling alley adjacent to the meeting space at ACME Bowl.
5. Free planning services
Holding your event in Seattle Southside means you get our full (and free) support. Our complimentary services include:
- RFP creation and site sourcing
- Site inspection coordination
- Itinerary or pre- and post-event activities planning
- Charter transportation assistance
- Group rates at attractions
- Help finding speakers or entertainment
- Help increasing attendance at your event
- Public relations and media services
- Welcome letters
- Registration bags
- Complimentary area guides
- A staffed information table at your event
- Visitor center assistance for guests
Find the perfect venue using this handy search tool.
Meeting & Event Cost Comparison
Average Attendee Cost per Day
|Seattle Southside||Downtown Seattle|
|Average Room Rate*||$102.64||$203.26|
|Food & Beverage||Comparable||Comparable|
|Transportation from Airport||Free Shuttle||Taxi Fare: $64.00|
|AVERAGE DAILY TOTAL||$115.37–$141.37||$268.80–$309.80|
* Smith Travel Research 2016