Plan the ultimate Seattle Southside experience for your group with sample itineraries for a variety of reunion and event types featuring some of our area’s top things to do.
“I truly appreciate the legwork you did and am impressed by how quickly you jumped on the project, how you made inquiries on our behalf even though you weren’t being specifically compensated for it. Your level of customer care is quite extraordinary.”
- John Klevens, Meeting Planner
2-Day Sample Itinerary
When your group only has a couple of days to explore Seattle Southside, we’ve got you covered on the musts and memorable ideas for group options to help round out your itinerary.
- Groups can arrive on the first day with ease when convenience comes with the territory in Seattle Southside. Just 10 minutes or less from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, getting to and around the region is a cinch by way of the Link Light Rail or several other group transportation options.
- Settle in and use the afternoon to explore Seattle Southside. Experience top attractions like the world-renowned Museum of Flight or tempt your group’s taste buds with a factory tour at Seattle Chocolate.
- The evening only gets better with a social mixer or group dining experience at Copperleaf Restaurant & Bar at Cedarbrook Lodge, where attendees can enjoy a perfect outdoor terrace setting or a delectable dinner with locally sourced menu items.
- Retreat back to your meeting hotel for a good night’s rest to be ready for the experiences that await on day two.
- Start your second day with a pre-meeting fuel-up for your attendees at one of Seattle Southside's delicious breakfast spots, such as Waterleaf Restaurant & Bar at Hotel Interurban.
- After a day of networking and education, attendees can take a relaxing stroll through the stunning gardens at the Highline SeaTac Botanical Garden. Later, plan to grab a happy hour cocktail or a bite to eat at Duke's Chowder House and introduce your attendees to some of the Pacific Northwest's best seafood.
- Seattle Southside is brimming with delicious restaurants, attractions and outdoor adventures to help you create an experiential meeting or event.
Military Reunion Itinerary Ideas
Seattle Southside welcomes our heroes of the armed forces! As the ideal location for a unique reunion, the area features the perfect blend of military attractions and close-by natural wonders.
Considered the home base for reunion groups traveling to the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Southside checks all the boxes for planners of military reunions.
"Lots of attendees enjoy the gatherings. Keep prices affordable and they will come...they always come back.”
- Denis Bagley, President of INDY Association/Military Reunion Planner
Check out some of the experiences to help get ideas for your military reunion.
- Take to the skies at The Museum of Flight, a 15-acre campus featuring historical air and spacecraft, the original Boeing Aircraft factory, flight simulators, the Aviation Pavilion, World War I and World War II exhibits at the Personal Courage Wing, interactive space exhibits like climbing aboard the supersonic Concorde (the only full-scale NASA Space Shuttle Trainer), and much more. After the tour, fuel up at the 132-seat onsite eatery, Wings Café, or relax on the airport patio to take in all of the runway action.
- After seeing how far aviation has come at The Museum of Flight, the Future of Flight Aviation Center & Boeing Tour is a memorable segue into where it’s going. Home of the world-renowned Boeing Assembly Plant Tour, the Future of Flight facility is the largest building in the world (by volume).
- From sky high to high seas, military reunion attendees can explore a piece of maritime history by touring the USS Turner Joy (DD-951) Naval Destroyer Museum Ship located in Bremerton, Washington and just a quick 30-minute ferry ride from Seattle across the Puget Sound.
- Take a reverent stroll through the sacred Seike Japanese Garden at the Highline SeaTac Botanical Garden and explore a traditional Japanese pond and mountain garden, as well as a memorial to the tragic history of Japanese internment in the Pacific Northwest during WWII.
More Tips for Your Military Reunion
Women’s Retreat Itinerary Ideas
A women’s retreat in Seattle Southside is not just your average girls’ trip, but an experience that offers your group convenience, variety, and value.
From sightseeing to shopping to spas, here are some experiences to help generate ideas for your group of women to relax, recharge, and retreat.
- Whether you’re looking for a quick breakfast bite or brunching with the group, Seattle Southside has great options to get your day started. Begin with breakfast at Patty’s Eggnest for a classic American breakfast before going next door to Westfield Southcenter Mall, or go all out at an extravagant brunch at Salty’s at Redondo Beach.
- In need of some retail therapy? Your group of women are sure to get their fix at Westfield Southcenter Mall, the largest shopping center in the Pacific Northwest. Located in the Tukwila community, groups can explore through the 225 retailers and also discover a dining experience in itself with a plethora of full-service restaurants.
- Relax and rejuvenate at one of Seattle Southside’s many spas and salons such as The Spa at Cedarbrook Lodge, which offers an exceptional pure plant spa experience with the finest treatments to soothe away stress.
- From planes to plants, Seattle Southside offers a variety of attractions for your women’s retreat attendees to experience. Take your group to the green for a round of golf at Foster Golf Links or to the grounds of many botanical gardens in and around Seattle Southside. After visiting a galore of gardens, enjoy an appropriately themed farm-to-table meal at Copperleaf Restaurant & Bar.
- Soak up the sun in Seattle Southside’s marina and beach community, Des Moines. Your women’s retreat attendees can enjoy stunning views and fun activities such as paddle boarding, trail walking, beachcombing, and scuba diving along with a variety of unique eateries, boutique shopping, and a lively Farmers Market.
- What better way to end your women’s retreat than with a classic “Girls’ Night Out (G.N.O.)” in Seattle Southside? Start the night off right with a cocktail at happy hour. Then, enjoy some live music at Anthony’s Homeport Restaurant & Oyster Bar or have a friendly group competition at Bowlero South Seattle.
Family Reunion Itinerary Ideas
Seattle Southside features the perfect backdrop for extraordinary and memorable family reunions. With hotels 20 to 30% less than those downtown and ideally located within close proximity to many businesses, amusement activities, shopping, and the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, bringing the family back together in our area has never been better.
Check out some experiences for family-fun ideas that will create the ultimate relative rendezvous.
- Seattle Southside offers a variety of hotels and venues for your family to reconnect while you retreat. From the Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave. in SeaTac to the Home2 Suites by Hilton Seattle Airport in Tukwila, you’ll find accommodating suites for your family’s group size, complimentary breakfast, and pool access, all conveniently located for family reunion fun.
- Plan some fun for your family rendezvous at Seattle Southside’s Family Fun Center & Bullwinkle's Restaurant. Groups can book event space at the 9-acre amusement park that features indoor and outdoor rides, games, and attractions for every age’s interest.
- Many Seattle Southside restaurants offer group dining options for all sizes and appetites. Located at Foster Golf Links, your family can enjoy the good food and good times offered at Billy Baroo’s Bar & Grill, or go all out with a feast at Mizuki Buffet—an all-you-can-eat buffet offering something for every member of your family.
- Family reunions are all about attractions, activities and getting acquainted. Take a group tour of one of the largest private air and space museums in the world at The Museum of Flight. Keep with the theme of flying high and have an indoor skydiving experience at iFLY Seattle or defy gravity at Defy, the world’s largest extreme air sports park. If your family prefers activities on a more ground-level, experience the fun to be had at Family Fun Center and Round 1 Bowling & Amusement park.
- Before you go, be sure to bring the family to one of the many botanical gardens around Seattle Southside, such as SeaTac’s “hidden gem,” Highline SeaTac Botanical Garden. It’s the perfect place to take a commemorative family photo and our team at Seattle Southside RTA can help secure a photographer to do so.
- While the fun in Seattle Southside may be over, the excitement for planning your family reunion’s return to Seattle Southside next year can begin again.
Sports Group Itinerary Ideas
From Starfire Sports to North SeaTac BMX Park, Seattle Southside features a wide variety of sporting venues and post-game fun for your sports group. Make your next sporting event one for the record books with these action-packed experiences to round out your team’s itinerary.
- Just 10 minutes away from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, your sports group can get settled in at one of many affordable hotels in the Seattle Southside area—like the Courtyard by Marriott Seattle Southcenter in Tukwila, the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle airport in SeaTac, or the Four Points by Sheraton Seattle Airport South in Des Moines.
- Before getting your game on, your team can get their grub on with a variety of dining options to choose from in Seattle Southside. Stay near the hotel and head over to Famous Dave’s Barbeque where they can not only accommodate your group size but your team’s appetites, too. Groups can also carb up down the road at Olive Garden Italian Restaurant for endless pasta options or grab a burger at BJ’s Restaurant & Brewhouse.
- Your sports group’s second day begins at the epicenter of soccer in the Pacific Northwest—Starfire Sports. Teams can get their game on and play all day at the 54-acre complex.
- After winning the big games, your team deserves some (more) fun. Sports groups can find fun activities with indoor skydiving at iFLY Seattle, BMX races at the 160-acre North SeaTac Park, or with the high-tech fully immersive experiences at Virtual Sports.
- It’s been quite the day and your team is hungry. Luckily, your sports group’s hotel is near Buffalo Wild Wings, so they can watch more games and take down wings like the champs they are.
- Your final day brings your team’s trip to a close, but not without a final team breakfast at The Bistro