Did you know that Washington state is the second largest premium wine producer in the United States? There are more than 700 wineries, 350 grape growers and 11 American Viticultural Areas including Yakima Valley, Walla Walla Valley and Lake Chelan. The good news is, you don’t have to make a trip to wine country to taste what everyone’s talking about. There are a number of dining options in the Seattle Southside featuring local wines. Here are just a few of the Seattle Southside restaurants serving Washington wines. Be sure to check each restaurant’s web site for seasonal updates on special winemaker dinners, tastings and events!
- With more than 30 Washington wines on its menu, Salty’s at Redondo Beach provides expert opinions on which Washington wines are best paired with their menu of fresh seafood and steaks.
28201 Redondo Beach Drive South, Des Moines, WA
- Duke’s Chowder House has a great boutique wine culture with a selection of 10 wines for its menu, including Seven Hills Riesling (Yakima Valley), Basel Cellars Claret (Walla Walla Valley) and Darby “The Dark Side” Syrah (Columbia Valley).
240 West Kent Station Street, Kent, WA
- Looking to learn more about Washington wines? Reds Wine Bar at Kent Station is an independently owned beer and wine restaurant and retailer with more than 30 wines available, including eight Washington wines.
321 Ramsay Way, Suite #110, Kent, WA
- For a casual atmosphere in downtown Kent, The Grape Adventure* is the perfect location. With 70 different wines, this is the perfect opportunity to learn more about wine and the perfect pairings.
12930 SE Kent Kangley Road, Kent, WA
- In SeaTac, head to the Copperleaf Restaurant for Northwest flavors in both food and wine. A five page wine list is sure to have something that everyone in your party will enjoy.
18525 36th Avenue South, SeaTac, WA
- Looking for the perfect steak and wine pairing? Let the knowledgeable staff at Spencer’s for Steaks & Chops help. This steakhouse has become one of the most popular in Seattle Southside and has won numerous awards for its extensive wine collection.
17620 International Boulevard, SeaTac, WA