This recipe came directly from the bakers at Theo's factory. These brownies are dark, deep, and delicious, and they are like unconditional love. Share the love and find more recipes of the month here!
- 3 Theo 70% Dark Chocolate bars (3oz. each)
- ¾ C granulated sugar
- ¼ C packed brown sugar
- 1 stick butter (8T)
- 3 eggs
- ½ C + 2T all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract, optional
- Butter an 8 inch baking pan and line with parchment, leaving a small overhang to ease removal of the finished brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Unwrap all three bars. Set 2 whole bars aside. Take the third bar and break 2 sections off (about 1oz.). Place these 2 sections aside with the 2 whole bars; this chocolate will be for melting.
- Place this melting chocolate in a heatproof bowl along with the sugars and butter; set the bowl over a pot of simmering water. Stir occasionally until butter and chocolate are completely melted and the mixture is just hot to the touch. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, take the remainder of the third bar and chop it up into small chunks. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the salt and flour together very thoroughly to ensure there are no lumps. If your flour is lumpy, sift it after measuring. Set the flour and salt aside.
- Remove the melted chocolate, sugar, and butter mixture from the heat and carefully dry the outside of the bowl with a towel. Crack the eggs and whisk them into the warm chocolate mixture one at a time until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the vanilla extract, if using.
- Gently stir in the flour in 2 additions, then stir in the chunks. Pour immediately into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs attached but not wet with raw batter.Cool completely before cutting, if you can wait that long!