Visitor Center Concierge
Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority
Reports to: Partner & Visitor Center Coordinator
Department: Destination Sales & Services
Classification: Non Exempt, Part-Time
Location: 3100 S. 176th St., SeaTac, WA 98188
The Seattle Southside RTA culture fosters teamwork, guest services, and individual accountability. The ideal candidate will deliver exceptional service, quality, and value to every guest, every time. This is the driving philosophy of our business. We want our staff to be the best and our guests to be exceedingly satisfied. To achieve that goal, we hire the most highly qualified people who provide a service which includes:
- Handling and tracking incoming inquiries from the leisure visitor market.
- Maximizing commission through actively upselling each business to increase revenue for individual business associates.
- Aligning customer profiles with the appropriate products.
- Achieving personal and team related revenue goals.
1. Creatively and actively promote and sell area attractions, hotels, restaurants, transportation, etc. to visitors. Assist visitors with hotel/motel, automobile, entertainment, ticket sales and other tour reservations in the most customer friendly manner available.
2. Assist with Visitor Center call center. Document and forward all leads to appropriate hotel sales teams and/or tourism and marketing team members.
3. Assist with coordination of the visitor information packet distribution program. Print, process and mail outgoing and bulk inquiry and labels daily.
4. Collect demographic data on all customers and prospects. Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports for the Visitor Centers.
5. Meet with Partner & Visitor Center Coordinator to discuss visitor services needs and participate as a member of the tourism and marketing team.
6. Maintain cleanliness and organization of Visitor Centers.
7. Display business associates’ information in neat and orderly manner and contact the appropriate partner to provide additional materials when necessary.
8. Work with Visitor Center Coordinator on developing new marketing opportunities for partners this will include Cite tours an outreach to partners.
9. Coordinate the preparation of convention packets and keep records of each request.
10. In conjunction with Visitor Center Coordinator, compile and maintain data on community events and maintain/update internal calendar spreadsheet.
11. Assist Visitor Center Coordinator with inventory and purchase office supplies. Maintain and order supplies for copier and postage machines.
12. Train and assist summer seasonal staff and interns.
13. Work with Seattle Southside RTA team on Tourism Networking Events and Community Events as needed and coordinate registration as needed.
14. Assists in special projects as assigned.
1. May staff booth or exhibit at tradeshows and community fairs.
2. Must be available to work weekends; 9A-3P.
1. Be available as needed to assist other staff members in the completion of projects.
2. Maintain a good working knowledge of the various committees, SeaTac, Tukwila and Des Moines, and activities of Seattle Southside RTA.
3. Encouraged to be actively involved in the larger Seattle Southside community.
Experience and Skills Required:
1. Demonstrable strong knowledge of South Seattle, downtown Seattle, and Puget Sound region.
2. Proven experience handling financial transactions.
3. Demonstrable experience providing strong customer service with excellent communication skills.
4. Ability to troubleshoot and resolve conflicts.
5. Sufficient with Microsoft Office; more importantly with Word and Excel.
6. Comfortable with web searching, websites, and social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter etc.
7. Must be able to physically stand for long periods of time, negotiate stairs and lift and carry boxes up to 25 lbs.
1. An AA degree in tourism or the hospitality industry preferred or equivalent work experience.
2. At least two years’ sales experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
3. Excellent phone and communications skills.
4. Highly organized.
5. Positive and professional attitude – a people person.
6. Excellent customer service skills.
7. Ability to multi-task.
All interested candidates should email or mail a completed Employment Application along with a cover letter and resume for consideration to Noelle Cueto at Noelle@SeattleSouthside.com or 3100 S 176th St, SeaTac, WA 98188.