Let us show you around
Heading to town? Please let us know! We coordinate group and individual media visits throughout the year. Requests are handled on an individual basis. The level of support provided depends on your story, the advance notice, the time of year, your length of stay and the ability of partners to assist. If you are a journalist planning a trip and need assistance, the following steps will help us help you:
- Provide as much lead time as possible with your request. At least 30 days’ notice is much appreciated.
- Include a letter of assignment from the media organization you represent and a description of your assigned story, including what you intend to cover, story length (word count or running time) and the date the story will be published or aired.
- Specify circulation and other relevant demographic information about the media organization you represent.
- Provide samples of previously published stories. If you are a freelance journalist, this will be extremely helpful in coordinating your visit.
- Depending on the nature of the assignment, we can assist you with accommodations, suggested itineraries, passes to attractions and more. Please note that complimentary arrangements are provided through the direction of host businesses and are subject to the availability and interest of each property. Blackout periods may be experienced during the year (such as during the summer months), which may necessitate a press rate, especially for hotel accommodations and meals. Also, please note that complimentary accommodations include only room rate and tax, not incidentals such as phone charges or room service.
- While complimentary meals can be requested, they are provided at the discretion of the host restaurant; we cannot provide meals in the instance of complimentary meals not being available. Complimentary meals exclude gratuity and alcohol and will only be for one person, unless the host wishes to extend the invitation to additional patrons.
- We cannot provide airfare for your trip, nor can we pay for ground transportation.
To request a media tour, please fill out the form below.
A picture is worth a thousand words—and they’re always free here!