Fans invited to line route on South 188th Street in SeaTac.
WHO: All Seahawks Fans
WHAT: Fans are invited to line the 1.1-mile route on South 188th Street starting at 46th Avenue South towards 28th Avenue South in the city of SeaTac to show support for the team. Fans are encouraged to bring 12 flags, signs, Seahawks attire and loud voices as the team buses pass.
The Seahawks team departure is presented by PrimeSport.
WHEN: Sunday, January 25 at 9 a.m.
PARKING: Tyee Educational Complex
Chinook Middle School
SeaTac City Hall
Angle Lake Park
Alaska Airlines Headquarters
Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (paid parking lot)
MAPS: Sunday, January 25 at 9 a.m.
Please visit the following page to view the route, road closures, detours and available parking areas: http://www.ci.seatac.wa.us/seahawks. The page also contains a link to Seattle Southside’s restaurant listings. For mobile devices, visit http://bit.ly/1uwAW6m.
· Travelers to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport are encouraged to use the Highway 518 exit from I-5.
· Washington State Patrol and Washington State Department of Transportation will close the I-5 off ramps at Exit #152 (South 188th Street and Orillia Road northbound and southbound) at 8:30 a.m. There will be no stopping, exiting or access to South 188th Street from I-5.
· SeaTac Police will close roads as follows: At 8:30 a.m. - both directions of South 188th Street from Military Road South to International Boulevard. At 9:15 a.m. - both directions of International Boulevard from S. 192nd St. to S. 184th Street and South 188th Street east of International Boulevard to Des Moines Memorial Drive.
· To ensure a fun and safe event, fans will be required to remain behind barricades, fencing, tape and cones. Police will be on hand to ensure fan safety.
· There will be no access or staging areas along Seahawks Way outside of Virginia Mason Athletic Center (VMAC), the Seahawks training facility, in Renton.
· Fans are encouraged to carpool and be respectful of residential parking spots.
· Fans are encouraged to keep intersections open and not block private driveways.
· Due to construction, Air Cargo Road (28th Avenue South) will be closed to pedestrians and non-permitted vehicles.
· Due to Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security, there will be no access for fans to view the players boarding the aircraft.
For more information visit Seahawks.com.