Our work makes a measurable difference.
Facts and figures from 2019:
- 2019 was the 10th year of strong consecutive growth.
- The RTA sales team met with 439 planners around the country generating 8,034 booked rooms.
- According to our conversion study, the people we interact with stay longer: 3.8 nights per visit.
- $787.9 Million in visitor spending can be directly attributed to the RTA's tourism promotion efforts, the highest on record to-date.
- $80.9 Million was generated in state and local taxes.
- The RTA's ROI is $41.86 for every advertising dollar spent on regional tourism promotion.
- 5,110 hospitality employees are employed in Seattle Southside.
- 620,657 RTA-generated room nights.
- In King County, tourism saves the average household $1,425 in taxes annually
For more data please see the 2019 Seattle Southside Travel Impacts study, prepared for Seattle Southside, that documents the economic significance of the travel industry in the Seattle Southside area of King County from 2003 through 2019. The 2020 Annual Report pdf also contains more valuable tourism data for Seattle Southside.