Our work makes a measurable difference.
Facts and figures from 2018:
- 2018 was the 9th year of strong consecutive growth
- The RTA sales team met with 394 planners around the country generating 11,329 booked rooms.
- According to our conversion study, the people we interact with stay longer and spend more: 3.54 nights and $1,007 per visit.
- $291 Million in visitor spending can be directly attributed to the RTA's tourism promotion efforts
- $79.2 Million was generated in state and local taxes
- $771 Million in travel spending
- $230.2 Million in earnings
- 5,130 hospitality employees are employed in Seattle Southside
- Over 4 Million overnight visitors stayed in Seattle Southside
- In King County, tourism saves the average household $916 in taxes annually
For more data please see the 2018 Seattle Southside Travel Impacts study, prepared for Seattle Southside, that documents the economic significance of the travel industry in the Seattle Southside area of King County from 2003 through 2018. The 2019 Annual Report (coming soon) also contains more valuable tourism data for Seattle Southside.