National Travel and Tourism Week 2023 celebrates the industry’s critical role in powering economies, communities and connections.
Established in 1983, National Travel and Tourism Week (NTTW) is an annual tradition to celebrate the U.S. travel community and travel’s essential role in stimulating economic growth, cultivating vibrant communities, creating quality job opportunities, inspiring new businesses and elevating the quality of life for Americans every day.
May 7-13, 2023, marks the 40th anniversary of NTTW. Join us to highlight how integral travel is to every industry and nearly everything we do. Our recovery is the nation’s recovery, and travel is essential to a future of American growth and innovation.
THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY FUELS EVERY INDUSTRY AND COMMUNITY
• National Travel and Tourism Week 2023 celebrates the industry’s critical role in powering economies, communities and connections. By moving #TravelForward, we can demonstrate our industry’s critical importance—in every corner of our country.
• The travel industry fuels every industry. Our success is the nation’s success. We’ve made progress, but the sooner the travel industry returns to growth, the sooner America will as well. Let’s work together to make sure policymakers understand the value of our industry and partner with us to help move #TravelForward.
• Travel is an economic powerhouse for every state and countless destinations across the country and is vital to our nation’s global competitiveness. When we move #TravelForward, we grow America’s economy, enhance our communities and create quality job opportunities for millions of workers.
• This #NTTW, let’s communicate how the travel industry’s success helps enable success for all industries across America. From education to new business growth to advancing manufacturing and more—when we move #TravelForward, we move America forward.
• Travel is an essential industry and we must continue to demonstrate to policymakers and business leaders that growing travel, grows the economy, businesses and mutual understanding. The newly established role for an Assistant Secretary of Travel and Tourism at the U.S. Department of Commerce was an important win for our industry and will help coordinate critical aspects of government impacting the industry and move #TravelForward.
• Congress and our elected leaders should do all they can to support our industry by making it a priority to increase travel to and within the United States. When we work together, we move #TravelForward and drive our nation to a brighter future.
TRAVEL’S ECONOMIC IMPACT
• The travel industry has a profound economic impact on the United States. The U.S. travel industry generates $2.6 TRILLION in economic impact.
• The travel industry supports a total of 15 million American jobs and is a critical component to the economic vitality of communities in every state. Travel fuels America and it’s time to move all sectors of #TravelForward.
• Businesses in every corner of the country, rely on the travel industry for their success. By moving #TravelForward, we can support local businesses, organizations across all sectors of the economy and encourage new opportunities.