Questions? We have answers!
"Where is Seattle Southside?"
Seattle Southside refers to the three cities near Sea-Tac International Airport: SeaTac, Tukwila and Des Moines, approximately 15–20 minutes south of downtown Seattle.
"How do I make a hotel reservation in Seattle Southside?"
Seattle Southside offers over 50 value-priced, family-friendly hotels to choose from. You're sure to find the perfect amenities to fit your needs for business or pleasure. There are over 30 hotels near Sea-Tac International Airport and 20 hotels near Westfield Southcenter. Click here to make your hotel reservations online today, and be sure to take advantage of our various travel promotions and packages.
"How do we get to Seattle from Seattle Southside?"
Getting to Seattle from Seattle Southside is never a problem. You have many transportation options to choose from.
Link Light Rail
There are three light rail stations in Seattle Southside. The airport station gets you straight from the plane to downtown Seattle in about 30 minutes. The Angle Lake and Tukwila International Blvd. stations feature park & rides where you can leave your car for free. Prices range from $2.25 to $3.25 per person one-way. Click here for timetables and fare information.
Metro is the local public bus system that operates throughout King County.
- Route 150 is an express bus that will take you straight to downtown Seattle.
- From Tukwila, catch Route 150 at the Westfield Southcenter.
- From Sea-Tac International Airport, catch Route 156 to Westfield Southcenter and hop on Route 150.
Click here for timetables and fare information.
Use the Trip Planner tool for more help.
To get to downtown Seattle: Take I-5 North to Seneca St. (exit 165, on the left side of the freeway) to get to downtown Seattle.
To get to the Space Needle: Take I-5 North to Mercer St. (exit 167, on the left side of the freeway).
Garage and metered street parking are available downtown. (Street parking is free all day Sunday.)
"How much does it cost to get to...?"
Click here to find out about ground transportation rates from Sea-Tac International Airport to various destinations.
"I'm taking a cruise. Where can I get a ride to and from the cruise terminal?"
Seattle Express can take you to and from your hotel or airport and the cruise terminal. The ride is only $13/person. For inquiries and reservations, call 206-793-8430.
Gray Line and Shuttle Express also offer transportation to the cruise terminals. For inquiries and reservations, call Gray Line at 206-626-5200 or 1-800-426-7532.
“How far is it to…?”
- Mt. Rainier – 90 miles and approximately 2 hours
- Seattle – 13 miles and approximately 15 minutes
- Mt. St. Helens – 157 miles and approximately 3 1/2 hours
- Vancouver, BC – 154 miles and approximately 2 1/2 hours
- Yakima Valley Wine Country – 147 miles and approximately 2 1/2 hours
- Tacoma – 21 miles and approximately 1/2 hour
- Snoqualmie Falls – 35 miles and approximately 45 minutes
- Olympic National Park – 126 miles and approximately 2 1/2 hours
- Ocean Shores – 120 miles and approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes
- Woodinville Wine Country – 28 miles and approximately 35 minutes
- San Juan Islands – 95 miles and approximately 2 hours to the ferry terminal in Anacortes, then an approximately 1- to 2-hour ferry ride to the islands. Click here for the ferry schedule and other information.
"What will the weather be like?"
When you hear Seattle, you may think rain, but we actually receive less rain on average than Miami. The best way to prepare for a visit is to bring layers. October through April are the rainy (and sometimes snowy) months. May through September are the warmer months, with average high temperatures in the 70s.
"This is my first time in Seattle. Where can I get help in planning my trip?"
The Official Seattle Southside Travel Planner and the Visitor Center are great resources when planning your trip to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest! Download a free Travel Planner here. If you have specific questions about things to do, feel free to contact us at 1-877-885-9452. We would be happy to help you out.
"How do I submit a records request?
Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority is dedicated to upholding the principles and ethics detailed in the Washington State Open Public Meetings Act (OPMA) and Public Records Act (PRA). To submit a public records request, email PublicDisclosure@SeattleSouthside.com.