Instead of getting all dressed up to drive over and find somewhere to grab dinner, stay in your comfy sweatpants and make a delicious dinner at home for yourself and/or your family. If you’re craving something tasty and exotic, the Calypso Shrimp Pasta from Bahama Breeze will satisfy your taste-buds, and we have the recipe for you to make right at home!
The recipe provided will teach you to make the famous, tasty dish, but also to make the special broth needed.
Bahama Breeze’s Calypso Shrimp Pasta
- ½ Tablespoon of salt and pepper
- 12 oz. Medium sized shrimp, peeled and devined
- 4 oz. Butter
- ½ Cup of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup of Calypso Broth (See Recipe Below for Broth)
- ½ Cup heavy cream
- 3 Cups Linguine, or Spaghetti, cooked (your choice!)
- 4 Tablespoons of Tomatoes, Diced to ¼”
1. Season your shrimp with salt and pepper as you heat a skillet with the butter added.
2. Add the shrimp and scallions; cook until they begin to turn an opaque color.
3. Add the calypso broth and cream
4. Bring to a boil and reduce heat until the sauce starts to thicken slightly, then add in your pasta.
5. Cook for an additional 2 minutes to heat the pasta
6. Garnish dish with diced tomatoes
- ½ Cup chicken broth
- ½ Cup clam juice
- 1 Clove garlic, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons blackening seasoning
- Cayenne pepper, for taste
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme, dried
Place all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with a wire whip, cover and refrigerate until ready to add to your pasta.