Welcome to the USA!

Here are some tips for crossing the border.


Border Crossing Requirements

To cross the USA/Canadian border by land or sea, you must have a valid passport, US passport card, US enhanced driver’s license (EDL), or enhanced ID card (EDL/ID).

A passport is required for all air travel. US passport cards and EDL/IDs are not valid for air travel.

International Student Groups

US and Canadian children under age 19 arriving by land or sea from a contiguous territory and traveling with a school group, religious group, social or cultural organization or sports team may also present an original or copy of their birth certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad, naturalization certificate or Canadian citizenship card. The group should be prepared to present a letter on organizational letterhead with the following information:

  • The name of the group and supervising adult
  • A list of the children on the trip and the primary address, phone number, date of birth, place of birth and name of at least one parent or legal guardian for each child
  • A written and signed statement of the supervising adult certifying that he or she has obtained parental or legal guardian consent for each participating child

Questions? Contact Meagan McGuire at GroupSales@SeattleSouthside.com, or 206-575-2691.

How can we help with your tour group?

Use this form to contact Meagan at Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority. A downloadable Travel Industry Guide will be available upon submission of this form. 

Attach RFP or Group Details

E-Newsletter Subscriptions

Yes, Please sign me up for the following e-newsletters. I understand I can unsubscribe at any time directly from the e-newsletter.

* Red fields are required.

Please enter the 4 character string shown in the box above.