Our work makes a measurable difference.
Facts and figures from 2017:
- 2017 was the 7th year of strong consecutive growth
- The RTA sales team met with 381 planners around the country generating 198 overnight leads.
- In 2017, 84 events were booked and 87 occurred.
- According to our conversion study, the people we interact with stay longer and spend more: 3.54 nights and $1,007 per visit.
- $193.8 Million in visitor spending can be directly attributed to the RTA's tourism promotion efforts
- $75.4 Million was generated in state and local taxes
- $726.6 Million in travel spending
- $213.7 Million in earnings
- 4,990 hospitality employees are employed in Seattle Southside
- 3.9 Million overnight visitors stayed in Seattle Southside
- In King County, tourism saves the average household $916 in taxes annually
For more data please see the 2017 Seattle Southside Travel Impacts study, prepared for Seattle Southside, that documents the economic significance of the travel industry in the Seattle Southside area of King County from 2003 through 2017. The 2018 Annual Report also contains more valuable tourism data for Seattle Southside.