Our work makes a measurable difference.
Facts and figures from 2016:
- The RTA sales team attended 19 sales missions around the country generating 233 leads and assists.
- In 2016, 89 events were booked and 84 occurred.
- According to our conversion study, the people we interact with stay longer and spend more: 3.54 nights and $1,007 per visit.
- 174,674 room nights can be directly attributed to the RTA's tourism promotion efforts
- $72 Million was generated in state and local taxes
- $693.6 Million in travel spending
- $204.3 Million in earnings
- 4,940 hospitality employees are employed in Seattle Southside
- 3.9 Million overnight visitors stayed in Seattle Southside
- In Washington, tourism saves the average household $400 in taxes annually
For more data please see the 2016 Seattle Southside Travel Impacts study, prepared for Seattle Southside, that documents the economic significance of the travel industry in the Seattle Southside area of King County from 2003 through 2016.