Short-Term Sales Workshop
The dates for this event have already occurred, please check back again for new dates.
- Presented By: Seattle Southside Regional Tourism Authority
- Address: 3100 S 176th ST, SeaTac, WA 98188
- Dates: April 20, 2022
- Phone: (206) 575-2691
- Time: 10:00 AM to 11:30 AM
- Price: Free to RTA partners
- Website: Event Link
You are cordially invited to join us (in person) for a 90-minute interactive workshop with Dirk Smith, an active event planner and expert in short-term sales, on Wednesday, April 20, 10:00am-11:30am at Seattle Southside RTA offices (3100 S 176th St, SeaTac).
Please RSVP directly to me at Meagan@SeattleSouthside.com.
Does this seminar pertain to you?
This workshop is for hotel sales professionals.
Hearing from an active planner, you’ll learn tweaks to take your current sales technique to the next level. You’ll also receive suggestions that will save one of your most priceless commodities—time! Throughout the seminar, you will learn what it is like from the perspective of meeting planners like Dirk and others. Regardless of your role (sales, catering, even CSMs), the take-aways will raise your hotel in the eyes of planners sourcing short-term business.
- Definition of Short-Term Sales: Dirk will discuss how “short-term” is not necessarily defined by chronological time.
- Mantras: Dirk suggests that short-term sales are akin to the game of Jeopardy. In that game, you have the answers; it’s how you phrase the question that wins the round.
- Reengineering the look of your bid: Dirk will review how a bid might look to the planner versus how it appears to the sales manager. Examples will be given on how to restructure routine sales statements that could be the difference between planners reading or deleting.
- RFP deadline adherence: Is the deadline really the deadline? What’s the best course of action in explaining to the buyer that you need to get approval from another group or info from another sales manager before you can make an offer?
- RFP Clues: When most RFPs come from sources where there is no previous relationship, Dirk will discuss how knowing the buyer even when you don’t will help you define what the buyer is seeking.
- Be Proactive, Not Reactive: Examples are given on how to keep planners engaged and motivated during the process.
- Brand Management: See firsthand how clients value their brand names and how easy missteps lead to losing the business.
- Communication: Helpful hints are offered to maximize your time while handling multi-tasking.
- Third Parties: How do you get influence with the third party? Tips will be presented for handling direct calls from the third party’s client and how to build that relationship.
- Productive methods that payoff: Examples will be presented from our favorite sales managers’ methods for communication and expediting needs.
Hope to see you there!