Grab your sunscreen, sun glasses and enjoy the opportunities for dining al fresco. From porches to patios and waterfront dining, here at the Top 10 places to get decked out:
- Overlook the Des Moines Marina while you enjoy a signature steak or seafood dish at Anthony’s Home Port. Take in a four-course sunset dinner Monday through Friday or Happy Hour daily from 3-6 p.m. and 9 p.m. to close.
421 South 227th Street, Des Moines, WA
- Need a vacation but don’t have the time? Just head down to Bahama Breeze! Sample the Paella, Bahamian Grilled Chicken Kabobs, Cuba Libra Shrimp Salad and one of their many signature drinks, like the new spicy mango mojito, and float away to paradise.
15700 Southcenter Parkway, Tukwila, WA
- Visit one of the restaurants the Pacific Northwest is known for – Duke’s Chowder House. Famous for its award-winning chowders and outdoor dining, Duke’s offers everything from chowder to wild Alaskan salmon. Don’t like seafood? Don’t worry! Try the Meyer Range Angus beef burgers.
240 West Kent Station Street, Kent, WA
757 Southcenter Mall, Tukwila, WA
- Take a trip to Italy at Galliano’s Cucina – authentic Italian food from fresh crafted breads baked every morning to fresh-sliced deli meats and cheeses. And don’t forget about dessert! Try the cheesecake or tiramisu for a sweet end to your meal.
14201 Interurban Ave. South, Tukwila, WA
- Need an after-work pick-me-up? Joey Southcenter is the place to be. No matter what the weather outside is doing, Joey’s outdoor patio is designed to be accessible. So order your drink and an appetizer (or two), sit back and relax.
758 Southcenter Mall, Tukwila, WA
- Looking for Asian flair? Try Dee Des Moines Thai Cuisine. You can sample one of the many dishes that blend Thai culture, flavor and history, including the Duck Curry, Holy Thai Basil on the Beach, Crescent Moon Mussels, as well as all of the Thai food staples you enjoy.
21630 7th Place South, Des Moines, WA
- Try the award-winning seafood at Salty’s at Redondo Beach while overlooking the Puget Sound, Maury Island and the Olympic Mountains – a meal does not get more tranquil than this! Aside from the Alaskan salmon, Dungeness crab, Maine lobsters, USDA prime aged steaks and more, you can also take in a leisurely Sunday brunch that many say is the best in the region.
28201 Redondo Beach Drive South, Des Moines, WA
- Have a crowd with you? Head to The Ram at Kent Station! Nationally-recognized for its hand-crafted beers, The Ram has something that everyone will enjoy and it’s the perfect place to watch America’s pastime!
512 Ramsay Way, Kent, WA
- For a peaceful meal surrounded by trees and water, head to Copperleaf Restaurant at Cedarbrook Lodge. Enjoy farm-fresh meals of local and regional bounty. Feast on Hawaiian Blue Prawns, Hand-Crafted Cherry-Pistachio Sausage or a slab of organic Grass-Finished Beef. If it starts to get chilly on the terrace order the Hot Chocolate Pot for Two for a delectable dessert.
18525 36 Ave. South, SeaTac, WA
- Seeking the comfort of Thai food? Racha Thai* offers all of the dishes you crave in a beautifully decorated ambiance.
1150 Southcenter Mall, Tukwila, WA