As the Seattle Seawolves prepare to enter the Major League Rugby for the third time in team history, one cannot help but think about the last two times they entered the postseason. Both ended in Championship titles. With a bit of good fortune and a lot of grit and determination, the Seawolves have clawed their way back into the postseason, and stand poised to for greatness. Today, two days before the Western Conference Eliminator game that they will be hosting at Starfire Sports in Tukwila this Sunday at 7PM, the team took a moment to pause and thank the local government officials whose support helped to make the team's success possible with the presentation of team-signed rugby balls.
Tickets are still available for this Sunday's match against the San Diego Legion here. The winner of this match goes on to face the Houston SaberCats in the Western Conference Finals. Come to Starfire and cheer on the Seawolves in their quest for a third championship shield!
In attendance were:
- Joe McDermott, King County Council District 8
- David Upthegrove, King County Council District 5
- Allan Ekberg, Mayor of Tukwila
- Kate Kruller, Tukwila City Council
- Madi McNamara, Seattle Sports Commission
- Pate Tuilevuka, Seattle Seawolves, General Manager
- Brian Jones, Seattle Seawolves, President and Owner
- Brandon Miles, Economic Development, City of Tukwila