Free Activities Part 2: Arts & Entertainment
This week we’ll be sharing our tips for the best of free arts and entertainment…
Arts & Entertainment
- Enjoy outdoor music every week at the Des Moines Beach Park Summer Concert Series – bring your lawn chairs and a picnic dinner every Wednesday from 7-8:30 p.m.
- Kent Summer Concert Series: Enjoy free concerts at Kent Station twice a week from July 12 through August 31. "Take Out Tuesday," 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. and "Wednesday Date Night," 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. Wednesdays for Kids at the Town Square Plaza July 13 - August 10 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. and Thursdays at the Lake July 7 - August 1, 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. at Lake Meridian Park.
- Join in the fun at the South Lake Union Block Party on Friday, August 12th from Noon to 11 p.m. Enjoy food from neighborhood eateries, a beer garden, wine tasting, live music, an outdoor movie and much more!
- Take in music at SeaTac Music in the Park every Sunday at 5 p.m. at Angle Lake Park. Performances this year include Kris Orlowski Band, Kevin Jones Band, Rod Cook, Harmonious Funk Band and Kleer Cut.
- Head to Seattle’s City Hall to listen to local talent each Thursday in August at Noon – this year’s performers include Curtains for You, Kore Ionz, Show Brazil and Doctorfunk.
- The Tukwila Peanut Butter & Jam Concert Series at the Tukwila Community Center is for kids and families alike. Pack the picnic baskets and blankets and watch your kids dance and sing to the tunes of their favorite performers. Concerts take place Fridays at Noon from July through August.
- Experience modern takes on Shakespeare classics during Wooden O Theatre Productions free Shakespeare in the Parks – this year’s performance is of “The Comedy of Errors.” For a complete calendar click here.
- Take in Seattle’s trendy Pioneer Square neighborhood during First Thursday in Pioneer Square – it’s the first Art Walk in the United States! Every month, First Thursday takes place from Noon-8 p.m. when galleries throw open their doors to introduce their new exhibitions and artists.
- Take a public tour of the home of the Seattle Symphony – Benaroya Hall every Tuesday and Friday at Noon and 1 p.m.
- Take a break from your day at one of the Downtown Seattle Association’s Out to Lunch Summer Concert Series concerts – every Wednesday and Friday from noon to 1:30 p.m. – check out the schedule here.
- Take in the beauty of the Paramount Theatre at one of its free tours hosted the first Saturday of each month at 1 p.m. You will get the opportunity to see the ornate décor, restored with painstaking attention to detail during this 90-minute tour.