Seattle, Wash. (May 10, 2012) – Seattle Southside Visitor Services (www.seattlesouthside.com), the official tourism department for the Cities of Des Moines, Kent, SeaTac, and Tukwila, announced the winner of the Share Your Winter Adventure sweepstakes. Ei-Leen O. from Surrey, British Columbia was drawn from hundreds of entries to win a highly coveted Seattle area getaway.
Contestants were encouraged to submit their favorite winter adventure story using Seattle Southside as their home base for adventure. If they had not yet visited they could use the Seattle Southside website to research winter activities to plan their ideal vacation. Entries of photos, stories and videos were received from around the world.
“Seattle Southside is the ideal home base for exploring the Pacific Northwest in any season,” said Katherine Kertzman, Director of Seattle Southside Visitor Services. “We wanted to use this campaign as a reminder about the amazing winter activities available around Seattle.”
The sweepstakes prize consisted of:
- Westfield Southcenter Gift Card ($1,000 retail value);
- Two round trip coach tickets to or from Seattle and the nearest departure/arrival city that Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air serves ($2,000 value);
- Lunch for four at the Summit Restaurant and Gondola tickets at Crystal Mountain ($130 value);
- Family package at iFLY Indoor Skydiving for up to five people, includes a DVD and 10 flights ($249.50 value);
- Four nights total of double occupancy accommodations at Seattle Airport Marriott or Seattle Waterfront Marriott ($800 value).
The Winter Adventure Sweepstakes ran November 1, 2011 through April 20, 2012. Ei-Leen’s entry can be viewed at www.seattlesouthside.com/winter-adventurealong with hundreds more.
About Seattle Southside Visitor Services
Seattle Southside Visitor Services (SSVS) is the leading tourism and marketing organization in South King County. The program, offered jointly by the Cities of Des Moines, Kent, SeaTac, and Tukwila, is responsible for competitively marketing the area as an ideal travel destination for tourists who wish to explore Western Washington. For more information, please visit www.seattlesouthside.com.