SHOP LIKE A ROCKSTAR: SEATTLE SOUTHSIDE OFFERS THE ULTIMATE VIP SHOPPING EXPERIENCE THIS WINTER
Perks include styling swag bags for the first 400 packages booked and sweepstakes to win a $1,000 shopping spree at Westfield Southcenter, tickets to Seattle Fashion Week and more
SEATTLE (November 22, 2010) – Seattle Southside Visitor Services (www.seattlesouthside.com), the official tourism department for the cities of Tukwila, SeaTac, Kent and Des Moines, announces the third annual Shop Like a Rockstar program. Back by popular demand, the ongoing promotion aims to treat shoppers like celebrities offering dozens of benefits from local hotels, restaurants, entertainment venues and retail stores this season.
“Seattle Southside is thrilled to continue the Shop Like a Rockstar program for the third consecutive year,” said Katherine Kertzman, Director of Seattle Southside Visitor Services. “With each year, this program continues to expand offering consumers a one-of-a-kind opportunity to experience the Pacific Northwest’s largest indoor shopping center, Westfield Southcenter, and an array of accommodations and restaurants at a great value.”
The Shop Like a Rockstar program includes shopping packages with perks at 14 participating hotels. Each hotel will offer their very own Rockstar special including Westfield Southcenter and Macy’s gift cards, suite upgrades, valet parking, complimentary breakfast, free shuttle service to shopping at both Kent Station and Westfield Southcenter, and more. Participating hotels are as follows:
- Best Western Plaza by the Green and Best Western River’s Edge
- Cedarbrook Lodge
- Courtyard By Marriott at Southcenter, Marriott TownePlace Suites, Residence Inn By Marriott and Seattle Airport Marriott
- Doubletree Hotel Seattle Airport
- Embassy Suites Seattle Tacoma International Airport
- Hampton Inn and Suites
- Hilton Seattle Airport & Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites
- Homewood Suites By Hilton
- Radisson Hotel Gateway
In addition, the first 400 guests to book a Shop Like a Rockstar package will receive styling swag bags upon check-in at their preferred hotel. With a retail value of more than $100, these bags are filled with great discounts, free samples and Rockstar Pass. The pass is a shopper’s VIP ticket to special offers at Westfield Southcenter, Kent Station and other participating retailers and restaurants.
New to the program this year, Seattle Southside will host a special Sweepstakes, where the public can enter-to-win an exclusive prize package. The sweepstakes runs now through April 20, 2011 and the winner will be notified immediately on April 21, 2011. Sweepstakes prize is as follows:
- Shopping spree at Westfield Southcenter ($1,000 value).
- Personal Styling Package from Wardrobe Stylist Tannya Bernadette. The package includes a pre-selected shopping date, personal consultation and seven months of “Shop at Home” service ($1,000 value).
- Two round trip coach tickets from the nearest departure city that Alaska Airlines or Horizon Air serves to Seattle ($2,000 value).
- Two VIP tickets to Seattle Fashion Week in May 2011 (retail value TBD)
- Two nights at a participating Shop Like a Rockstar hotel of the winner’s choice (retail value minimum $200)
Some restrictions apply. For more information, to book a package or enter-to-win, please visit www.seattlesouthside.com/rockstar. The Shop Like a Rockstar offers are available starting January 1, 2011 – April 28, 2011. Plan a shopping getaway now to guarantee a complimentary styling swag bag with special perks.
About Seattle Southside Visitor Service
Seattle Southside Visitor Services (SSVS) is the leading tourism and marketing organization in South King County. The program offered jointly by the Cities of Tukwila, SeaTac, Kent and Des Moines, is responsible for competitively marketing the area as an ideal travel destination for tourists who wish to explore Western Washington. For more information, please visit www.seattlesouthside.com.