SEATTLE (July 30, 2014) – Seattle Southside Visitor Services (SSVS), the official tourism organization for the cities of Tukwila, SeaTac and Des Moines, recently released a study determining the conversion rate of visitors who inquired about Seattle Southside and were influenced to stay in the region.
The Seattle Southside Conversion Study, compiled by research firm H2R Market Research, measures the level of travel and spending that SSVS generated over the past 3 years (2011-2013). During this time, 60 percent of those who inquired to Seattle Southside Visitor Services ultimately visited the area. This is very good compared to the H2R Industry Norm of 33 percent for destinations across the U.S.
“As we continue to expand the tourism industry in Seattle Southside, it is critical that we understand where our visitors are coming from, why they are staying in our area, and how they are using our services,” said Katherine Kertzman, Executive Director for Seattle Southside Visitor Services. “The economic impact from our visitors is significant to our region and we want to be sure we have the amenities they are seeking and exceed their expectations so they come back and recommend us to their friends.”
The full Seattle Southside Conversion Study report is available here.
Highlights from the report:
· Over the past 3 years, 60 percent of those who inquired to Seattle Southside Visitor Services ultimately visited the area.
· Seattle Southside’s overall marketing campaign generated an ROI of $14 for every $1 invested.
· Visitors who inquired stay longer and spend more than the average visitor to Seattle Southside. They typically stay 3.54 nights and spend $1,007.
· Visitors indicated that activities in downtown Seattle and the sightseeing were the primary functional drivers that inspired them to visit.
· Those who have visited the Seattle Southside area in the past describe it as an area that’s beautiful with friendly people. Most visitors came in the summer (45 percent) or fall (25 percent) months for a vacation getaway.
· The average visitor traveled more than 1,600 miles to visit Seattle Southside, and the majority (88 percent) stayed overnight. Most (65 percent) chose to fly in to the area, while others drive (24 percent), took a train (4 percent) or were on a stop from a cruise ship (3 percent).
· Two-thirds of visitors would recommend Seattle Southside to a friend and 74 percent would visit again in the next 3 years.
For additional information about Seattle Southside Visitor Services, please call 877-885-9452 or visit www.seattlesouthside.com.
About Seattle Southside Visitor Services
Seattle Southside Visitor Services (SSVS) is the leading tourism and marketing organization in South King County. The program offered jointly by the cities of Tukwila, SeaTac, and Des Moines, is responsible for competitively marketing the area as an ideal travel destination for tourists who wish to explore Western Washington. For more information, please visit www.seattlesouthside.com.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Direct: 206-575-0627 / 206-575-2489