Our staff is available to assist you. Here are some of the specialized services Seattle Southside Visitor Services offers to professional travel writers, reporters, editors and TV, radio and film producers:
- Seattle Southside Vacation Planner 20152-2016: A travel guide to Seattle Southside accommodations, dinning and shopping and the surrounding Puget Sound's area attractions, parks, and much more. The planner also includes information about excursions and day trips and several area maps.
- Photography: We maintain a Photo Library of a wide variety of photographs on many activities and sights in Seattle, Tacoma and Western Washington. We have pre-negotiated editorial usage with photographers and provide them at no charge to members of the press.
- Network Service: If we don't have a photo you seek, we can turn to our network of tourism and travel associates throughout the Puget Sound area to help you find what you are looking for.
- Interview Arrangements: Need that perfect quote from an industry professional? Let us help you by putting you into contact with our network.
- Fact Checking: Need to verify some story information on our area or industry? Submit your document about Seattle Southside and we can review the information.
- Heading to Town? Please let us know - we can coordinate group and individual media visits throughout the year. Requests are handled on an individual basis and the level of support provided depends on the journalist's story, advance notice provided, time of year, length of stay and the ability of partners to assist. If you are a journalist planning a trip and need assistance, the following steps will help us help you:
~ Provide as much lead time as possible with your request. At least 30 days notice is appreciated.
~ Include a letter of assignment from the media organization you represent and a description of your assigned story, including what you intend to cover, story length (word count or running time) and the date the story will be published or aired.
~ Specify the circulation or audience size and other relevant demographic information about the media organization you represent.
~ Provide samples of previously published stories. If you are a freelance journalist, this will be extremely helpful in coordinating your visit.
~ Depending on the nature of the assignment, we can assist you with accommodations, suggested itineraries, passes to attractions and more. Please note that complimentary arrangements are provided through the direction of host businesses and are subject to the availability and interest of each property. Black-out periods may experienced during the year (such as during the summer months) which may necessitate a press rate, especially for hotel accommodations and meals. Also please note that complimentary accommodations include only room rate and tax, not incidentals such as phone charges or room service.
~ While complimentary meals can be requested, they are provided at the discretion of the host restaurant and we cannot provide meals in the instance of complimentary meals not being available. Complimentary meals exclude gratuity and alcohol and will only be for one person, unless the host wishes to extend the invitation to additional patrons.
~ We cannot provide airfare for your trip, nor can we pay for ground transportation.
Press materials can be mailed or shipped FedEx. Need further assistance? Please contact:
Marketing & Communications Manager