Seattle Southside is a national award-winning destination marketing organization. We believe the best way to attract visitors is through a coordinated, cooperative alliance with our regional travel and tourism business community .
Seattle Southside offers business affiliates the chance to market directly to visitors with no costly membership dues. No other organization can successfully position your business in Seattle Southside's growing travel and tourism industry. In 2010, 9.3 million visitors came to the Seattle area to breathe the fresh air, see fabulous views, experience diverse neighborhoods and taste local flavors. While here, those visitors contributed $5.5 billion dollars in expenditures to the greater Seattle and King County economies.
Become a part of our local affiliates – from entertainers, hotels, restaurants and florists to tour guides, meeting planners and local companies who support tourism and help attract new and returning travelers.
Your partnership with Seattle Southside provides a connection to the lucrative business, group and leisure travel markets. We offer opportunities to network with other businesses, make contact with and advertise directly to visitors to help build awareness for your business. Take the first step to grow and promote your business. Join Seattle Southside for free and utilize these services:
Interact with Visitors
- Free web listing including company description, contact info, photos, videos, coupons, website, reviews and more.
- Distribute your brochures and coupons at the Visitor Center to travelers and locals.
- Display photos, ads and videos on the Visitor Center television.
- Post, share, retweet and directly engage with Facebook fans and Twitter followers.
- Vacation Planner includes information on all tourism related businesses in Seattle Southside. With 100,000 printed copies and a digital version, the guide is accessible to thousands of potential visitors worldwide.
- Meeting & Event Guide includes a list of all event related business in Seattle Southside. 15,000 printed direct mail pieces and a digital version reach thousands of planners
- Newsletters such as the quarterly Travel Update and the monthly At a Glance feature articles, spotlights, facts and tidbits about events, industry updates and visitor information. Readership is over 5,000 and growing daily.
- Web listing that can be updated when new specials or events are happening or change or add new information.
- Weekly blog articles are available to provide a more in depth description of local businesses and activities.
- Inclusion in relevant story pitches to travel writers and other media outlets.
- Familiarization tours highlight local tourism related businesses to other industry affiliates and media.
- Inclusion in direct mailings to visitors such as brochures, maps and coupons.
Dynamic social media engagement with fans.
Leads & Referrals
- Visitor Center promotion/referrals by staff directly engaging with visitors.
- Connect with convention, meeting and event business through our Request for Proposal tool.
- Media and travel writer referrals are sent to relevant business associates.
Network with Your Peers
- Attend annual Tourism Networking Meetings and other business development events.
- Feature deals in the At a Glance newsletter and on our social media platforms.
- Get involved, volunteer at the Visitor Center or at other Seattle Southside events.
- Use of photo library for brochures, videos and other marketing materials.
- Social media support on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and others.
- Free brochures, maps, facility and area guides and coupons to use at events.
- Send press releases, specials or deals and we will work to showcase your latest news online and help promote you in the tourism trade and travel media.
Valuable search engine optimization from outbound links on the Seattle Southside website to business associate website.
- Receive timely industry news updates.
- Learn about the economic impact of tourism and how you can support the industry.
- Meet industry experts at events.
Receive access to industry data.
Download the Business Outreach Brochure